Andover Days is always the 1st weekend in October. My kids are always excited for Andover days - I think the thing they look forward to the most is riding the carnival rides!
We went out to Andover Rd. to watch the parade. It was great because we just left our house and walked a couple hundred yards! The last 2 years the younger ones and I have marched in the parade because I felt obligated to with PTO. This year, though, I felt no such obligation!! We all prefer just watching it. The kids like to watch it because they get lots of candy!I love this picture of Kate and Rob. Kate loved coming to the parade, too. She loves to wear clothes and today she is sporting a jag sweatshirt!!
I figured I should take at least one random picture of the parade!
Morgan's friend, Bailey, stops and lets the girls pet her horse. They thought that was great.
Maddie signed up for the fishing derby, but there are no pictures because I didn't go. She didn't catch any fish so she wasn't too impressed with the fishing derby. However, while they were there, the kids saw this "Catch a pig" event which they were extremely impressed with. They came home begging me to take them back to catch a pig. Mark took Maddie to her soccer game and I took the other 3 to "Catch a pig!" The child that went before Reagan was pretty timid and didn't even get too muddy. Reagan got right in there and started trying to catch the pig.
Pretty soon she was sitting in the mud. Reagan had the pig in her arms several times, but couldn't quite pick it all the way up because it was too heavy along with being wet and wiggly!
Morgan on the other hand made a grand entrance by doing a somersault into the mud bowl and was immediately covered with mud. I missed taking a picture of her grand entrance. She immediately grabbed a pig once she got the chance.
Morgan, walks away after successfully catching a pig!!
Luckily, the firemen were there to squirt the kids off after rolling in the mud!
Wet and muddy, but oh, so fun. I'm thinking that next year the kids will be more excited for the pigs than the carnival rides.
This was Reagan's first year to ride this one and she loved it. In the past we've done the carnival rides during the day. However, this year it worked out best to do it in the evening. It got dark quick so I decided not to bother with pictures. It was also really crowded. I think next year we'll go back to being daytime carnival ride riders!!



No comments:
Post a Comment