Voting

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Fun!


This was one of our best Thanksgiving's ever. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of the food or everyone while we were eating. I just got wrapped up in making the meal and forgot.
On Saturday, when I went shopping to buy food for Thanksgiving I had 21 people coming and none of them were coming from out of town. By the time I got home there were 33 people coming and on Thanksgiving we actually had 39 people for dinner, 18 (including us) were staying at our house. My sister Kim and her family decided on Saturday to drive to our house from Utah; they left on Sunday. Our friends from Texas decided to come on Tuesday and they arrived Wednesday. It was perfect because Kim has little kids to keep the 3 younger girls entertained and Whitworths have older kids to keep the older kids entertained. We also had several families from church come as well. Everyone brought fabulous food and it was just so much fun!!
I got up in the morning and got the turkeys started. After that, the older girls, Kim & Andy & Myrna and I went coupon shopping at Walgreens. (In retrospect, that shopping trip probably wasn't the brightest idea considering that I was serving dinner to 39 people at 12:30.) It took a lot longer then anticipated, but we definitely scored some great deals!!
Bret, Savannah, Marissa & Sydnie with our fabulous couponing treasures. I think we spent about $50 to buy all of the stuff we bought - most of it was free or really, really cheap.
Kim, Savannah, & Marissa help with dinner while Reagan and Maddie count their post-its.
While we were gone one turkey and the ham were cooking in roaster ovens downstairs in the craft room and they blew a circuit breaker. Luckily, Mark noticed and plugged them in somewhere else. The turkey was done for dinner, but the ham ended up being an evening snack! There was lots of help when we got back. We ended up using a 20 lb. bag of potatoes for mashed potatoes and we put them in a roaster oven to mash. It worked out perfect. (I am now the proud owner of 3 roaster ovens and I definitely needed all 3 for Thanksgiving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment