I took a 48 hour trip to Utah so that I could be in town for the Multiple Sclerosis banquet where my Dad was getting a Lifetime Achievement Award. The event was held at the La Caille which is a really fancy restaurant in Salt Lake. It is up on the east bench in a really pretty setting.
Dick Rosetta (a long-time editor for the tribune) and my Dad.Phil Johnson and his wife and son and my Dad. Phil Johnson recently retired as an assistant for the Utah Jazz. Towards the beginning of my Dad's career, he was the Weber State basketball coach so my Dad has known him for a long time.
Dad accepting his award.
Jimmer received the award for the best male collegiate athlete, but unfortunately he was out of town and wasn't there to receive it. That was kind of a bummer.
Even though my trip was short, it was fun and very worthwhile. I got to see my family, two really good friends and Marissa. I was definitely glad I went.

No comments:
Post a Comment