Voting

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Skewer Lunch & Science Experiments

Wednesday is our creative lunch and science day. Our lunches are pretty boring most other days. I got this idea off the internet to have a skewer lunch. I cut up the food and got it ready with Maddie's help and then I let the kids assemble their own skewers with the food they like.Maddie puts together a skewer.

Morgan eats her's as she is making fun of me for taking her picture of eating it!
Reagan admires her skewer. This lunch was a definite hit! The kids loved it!!
I bought some IBC root beer so that I could use the bottles for an experiment. Rob was very pleased about that!
We have been slacking on doing our weekly science experiment so today we did a bunch. We took a basketball and tennis ball and dropped them at the same time and observed how the tennis ball would shoot in the air. The kids loved this! We made lemon soda with water, lemon juice and baking soda -- it tasted awful!! We made a volcano with baking soda and vinegar ( 3 of our experiments today involved the reaction of an acid and a base).
We put lemon juice and baking soda in a bottle and then put a balloon on the bottle so it would inflate. Our balloons inflated a little, but they didn't get too big. We found that the bottled lemon juice worked better than the fresh squeezed juice, but it may have just been because there was more.

No comments:

Post a Comment