Voting

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waterfall Canyon

Waterfall Canyon is another place I hiked to when I was a kid that I wanted to share with my kids.  It had been a long time since I'd been there so my memory of the difficulty of the hike was vague.  I told them it would be easier then the Delicate Arch hike.  I was definitely wrong.  It was much harder!
 We hung out at Mount Ogden park while we waited for Chris to come.  Morgan was intent on reading her book; this is not a normal thing for Morgan!
 We got this book at Seagull book earlier in the day and Morgan read right through it!
 The other kids were having fun playing at the park while we waited.
 We then drove to the trail head.  It was crowded.  Chris said he had never seen it that crowded before.  So we started on our hike.
A view from the trail.  We don't have views like this by our house at home because there are no mountains and there aren't even any hills!
 Taking a break by the river!
Another view as I looked back as we were ascending the canyon.  By this point my kids were severely questioning me telling them that this hike was easier then Delicate Arch.  Not only was the trail very steep up, it was also rocky and uneven footing.
 A view of the waterfall as we were getting close.
 Chris and Allie were the last ones to reach the top.  Allie had fallen down just a little bit before and she was NOT having a good time!  She was screaming something like I hate this or this is not fun!  It was kind of funny.
 Reagan and Cooper doing a little more climbing while we're waiting at the top.
Cooper, Chris, Allie, Maggie, Reagan, Morgan, Maddie.
Another group picture.  This time I'm in the picture and Morgan is the photographer.  There were lots and lots of people on the trail and up by the waterfall.  We talked to one guy who hikes this trail often who said he's never seen it anywhere close to this crowded.  We attributed it to being Weds so there were lots of young men and young women's groups up there and it was the first warm Weds of the season!



 Even though it was hard, it was a beautiful hike and we were glad we went!!


No comments:

Post a Comment