Wilson Betemet hit his first ever grand slam and Rob got the ball. It was pretty exciting. Mutual had been cancelled due to bad weather so Mark and Marissa were home watching the game on tv. Right as Betemet hit the grand slam, Mark said that he thought "Wouldn't that be something if Rob could get this ball?" However, he knew it wasn't possible because he knew our seats were really high up and in a different part of the ballpark. Right after that, though, Mark saw Rob on tv running with the ball in his hand. As soon as I realized Rob had got the ball, I thought that I needed to call Mark. Right after that my phone rang and Mark was calling me. When I saw that it was Mark calling, I assumed that he must have just seen Rob on tv and I was right.

Rob doesn't smile big for too many pictures, but this was something worth smiling big about!

Rob admiring his ball.

Stats about Betemet on the Jumbotron.

There was a really nice usher who we had been talking to during the game. Sallie talked to him about getting the grand slam ball signed and he told us where to go. We went and stood outside the gate of where the players park their cars. The usher went and talked to the security guard at the lot and asked him to talk to Betemet when he came out and here he is talking to him.

Wilson Betemet signing the grand slam ball for Rob. Priceless!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment