Rob and Mark had gone hunting pheasants, so they had left Kate home. The girls and I were cleaning the house and getting reading for Chris and Sallie and their family to come later in the day. All of a sudden I looked outside and saw Kate sitting on the deck. Apparently, Rob had put her in her kennel before he left around 5 a.m. and hadn't latched it tight. Kate had spent the morning swimming and running through sticker bushes and then she had come home. Luckily, none of us had noticed she was missing earlier so there was no stress there.

She was COVERED in little burry stickers. We got some dog brushes and started brushing her hair. It took a long time to get most of the stickers out.

I had a lot to do to get ready for Chris & Sallie coming and spending the morning combing stickers out of the dog was not what I had planned. However, that is what I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment