Voting

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Treat Exchange

My annual holiday treat exchange is my favorite Christmas time tradition. I think the first one I attended was my 2nd year that I lived in Wichita and I've actually hosted it about 6 out of the last 7 years. In the past I've usually had between 12 and 16 ladies do it. This year I had 25 so it was by far the biggest ever! In the past I've mostly had ladies from church, but this year I also had neighbors and quite a few friends from PTO. I loved having so many people and I think this was my favorite treat exchange yet!! I had a spreadsheet so everyone could pick how many dozen treats that they wanted to bring. I made 24 dozen and so did one other lady. The most popular number was 10 dozen. Since there were so many people, I devised a different way to exchange treats. I gave everyone a list of who they were supposed to give their treats to and then there were 25 spots where people could put the treats. It worked out so well and was so much quicker then if we would have all just handed out the treats to each other. I always make soup and rolls and serve that for lunch! I like to do the lunch food myself because I figure that it's easier for others to only have to worry about bringing their treats!! Below is a sampling of the majority of the treats that were exchangedThese little mice were the cutest things ever!! My neighbor made these and everyone loved them! She had her kids help her bring her treats over the night before since it was icy outside. My girls went crazy when they saw these mice. She ended up going home and making more of these mice and bringing them over for the girls to eat. They are made by holding a maraschino cherry by the stem and dipping it in chocolate. You then attach 2 almond slices for ears and a kiss for the head. They eyes are made with decorating gel and the mouse is set on a half of an oreo cookie. I'm going to let my kids help make some of these next week when they are out of school for Christmas.
I am still waiting to get a few of the recipes from the treat exchange and then I will e-mail the recipes out to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment