Voting

Friday, June 7, 2013

Geographic Center of the continental USA - Day Trip to Crazy Kansas Sights

Next stop, the geographic center of the continental United States in Lebanon, Kansas.  It was a little less then a half hour from Smith Center.  We went east (so headed back towards home) and then further north (headed further away).  I would say that this is what I looked forward to the most on this trip.  I had been to the 4 corners when I was a kid and thought it would be fun to go to something like that.  One of the things that was really fun about this, was we were the only ones there and there was plenty of space for the kids to run around.

 First thing Reagan did when she saw this, was climb up it.  Lots of others in our group did the same, but Reagan led the way.

     Geographic center of the USA - Maddie, Jay, Maria & Reagan on top.  Michelle, Ashley, Abbey, Morgan, Cassie, Mariah & Crawford on the bottom.

                                              Maddie posing.
                               A picture of the Moms - Elynn, Susan, Michelle, Kim & Regina

                                            Morgan, Abbey & Reagan

 I didn't take a full outside picture of this little chapel, but I'm telling you it was little.  There was a row of about 4 seats on each side and each seat would only fit one person.

 Here Maddie, Crawford & Abbey are in the front and Abbey leads the group in singing "Love one Another".  I happened to walk over while they were singing, it was awesome!

 The kids had a great time running down the hill and just playing in the prairie grass.  This area in particular really made me feel like I was on the Kansas prairie.  At the end some of the kids even ran down the road a ways and then we picked them up as we were leaving.  It was great they could burn some energy because of all the driving we were doing!

 Abbey, Morgan & Reagan lying in the grass.  When they got up, you could see indentations of where they had been lying.

                             Reagan, Morgan & Maddie in the center of the USA

Playing dead in the road. Abbey, Cassie, Morgan, Reagan, Maddie & Michael.  Gotta love the things the kids can come up with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment