Voting

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mushroom Rock State Park - Day Trip to Lindsborg

Mushroom Rock State Park is another one of those gems that I found out about from Roadside America.  It was about a half hour past Lindsborg (probably a little more than that) out in the middle of nowhere, but it was pretty awesome!!
 I thought I would include this little bit of info about the park!

 Not only did I learn about this park from Roadside America, I also learned that you can climb up on top of the rock by pulling your car beside it!!

 A group picture on top of the rock with all of us who got on top - Jaxen, Trevor, Michael, Maddie, Morgan, Rob, Regina, Reagan, Elynn, Chloe, & Crawford.  Notice the van is not in the picture, we pulled it away so we could get a nice picture without it.  Ha, ha!!

 Morgan poses while Maddie, Reagan, Michael, Chloe, Michelle, Jaxen and Trevor explore the surrounding area!

 Morgan striking a cheerlead pose!

 If you look close, you can see Rob in the greenery in mid air as he jumps from one rock to the other!

 Rob jumping down off of one of the rocks.  

 Morgan striking a pose!

 Maddie found a hole!

 Rob climbs in the tree from the rock!

 Chloe, Crawford, Zack, LesLeeAnn, Michelle, Michael, Katrina.
 The group managed to get all around the mushroom holding hands - Mariah, Morgan, Chloe, Reagan, Jaxen, Crawford and Zack.

Morgan remembered seeing Marissa doing a similar pose and she wanted to try it!

When we went back to our cars to leave, we discovered that Brandi's keys had got locked in the trunk! Luckly, Regina had cell service and a AAA card.  Regina stayed with Brandi and I took the kids back to Lindsborg to ride the quadricycles.  We still had about 20 minutes left on our quadricycles when Regina and Brandi returned so it worked out great!  Its a good think we are all adaptable.  Unforeseen things like this, just add to the fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment