Voting

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lost Creek Wilderness - First Day

We started out our backpacking trip on Monday, July 23.  We drove from the motel to Lost Creek Wilderness.
 Unloading the van and getting ready to go!

 Taking a water break!  On the first day, when Kate would get tired she would just sit down in the middle of the trail.  She would drink water from Rob's hand.  After the first day, Kate never sat down while hiking.

 Rob & Kate hiking up the trail.  It seemed to me that we went up a whole lot more then we went down!  Ha, ha!

Maddie, Reagan, Morgan and Mark hiking up the trail!

 I sat down on this log and it broke so one of the girls took a picture of me lying on the ground!

The kids with the mountains in the back ground!

Below are pictures of an inchworm  that Reagan found.  It was pretty neat!
 The kids climbed up on this great big rock and then posed for a picture.  This rock kind of reminded us of the rocks at Mushroom Rock State Park that we saw this summer without the mushroom stem.

 We hiked in about five miles and then set up the tents for the first night.  Rob's is on the left, then Mom & Dad's and then the girls.

 A very familiar site.  Rob always manages to find a stick and object to play baseball with!  Rob & Mark did some fishing and Mark caught one that pretty big.  Unfortunately, I wasn't there to take any pictures.  I was in the tent staying away from the bugs!!

 Morgan by some rocks.  I took this picture to showcase some of the scenery!

 We took about a two mile round trip hike to go up by these big rocks and the shafthouse!

 Rob jumping down from some rocks!

 When I first saw this picture, I loved and it and wanted to post it to showcase the beautiful scenery.  However, then I noticed the Mark and Kate are in the bottom corner of the picture which made it even better!

We brought one Book of Mormon so we could read scriptures in the evening.  It just so happened that our first night in the mountains we finished the Book of Mormon so that was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment